Thursday, May 28, 2009

Alisha's Tequila Lime Shrimp


Last weekend, we went to a birthday party of a friend and purposely didn't eat much because I knew we'd be coming home to make this wonderful tequila lime shrimp. I still had that god forsaken cold, but dammit I was going to cook! Or rather, Dan was going to cook and I was going to make a spinach salad. And have a cocktail. And a double dosage of Day-Quil.


You thought I drank this didn't you? Didn't you?! But you're wrong. Dead wrong. Here's what you do. You take a little bottle of margarita mix (with tequila) and one or two limes. Place the shrimp in a large bowl (I used two lbs here but one would work too). Pour the entire bottle over the shrimp and then add additional lime juice and lime zest. Let sit for at least 3o minutes, up to two hours.


Then put them on skewers and grill... and all that jazz. I also made scallops as you can see there at the top of the picture. They were freaking awesome.

I served all this wonderful seafood with a spinach salad with red onion and balsamic vinaigrette and fresh corn on the cob. Does anyone else hate to eat corn on the cob? I mean, when it's on the cob? I do. Molten lava hot corn juice always squirts in my eye and corn bits and hair always get all stuck in my teeth. And you can never properly season it. One slab of butter on top ain't cuttin' it people. And don't get me started on those mini-corn holders. That's why I normally do what old people with dentures do and cut off the corn kernels with a knife and place them in an awesome decorative bowl.

2 comments: