Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Happy Cinco De Mayo....My Chips Suck.

So I bought corn tortillas with the intention of making tortilla chips. You know, in honor of Cinco De Mayo and all that. So I cut the tortillas up into quarters and then I brushed them with olive oil and sprinkled on the kosher salt. Then I baked them in the oven on a rack at 45o deg. for about 10 minutes. The verdict: they were not good. They were edible. But not nearly as good as I have been told that homemade chips are supposed to taste like. So bring your appetites 'cause this is what you'll be eating on Saturday!!



Although, I do have to admit, the chips looked pretty damn good.


Since my chips were such a failure, I decided to celebrate another way and popped open this baby and drank the whole thing! Just kidding (about drinking the whole thing part)

2 comments:

  1. Oooh...they look good. Nothing wrong with a bottle of tequila or two to drown out the sorry of chips gone wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For real though, I can't believe I can't make tortilla chips. Oh well, I guess I always knew I was really a Tostitos girl at heart.

    ReplyDelete