Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Easter in May


Dan and I decided to cook up a nice bone in ham a few weeks ago and have our own little "Easter". The ham could have been better. It was a little too fatty for me. But it was a fun experiment! I used this glaze and method and although it smelled delicious while cooking, I couldn't really taste it on the ham. Though, this could have been due to the fact that I had a massive cold at the time.



I also cooked some fresh asparagus and au gratin potatoes. I cheated and used the Betty Crocker box kind of potatoes. Cut me some slack. I was terribly sick. (Doesn't that make this food all the more appetizing when you picture me sniffling and sneezing all over it?)


And I made deviled eggs. People always make deviled eggs for picnics and parties, but for once I wanted to make deviled eggs just for us. So I could eat as many as I wanted. Over several days, of course.



All in all, I thought it was a good meal. There is just something about those goddamn sodium infused Betty Crocker potatoes that makes me think they have heroin in them.

1 comment:

  1. Heroin potatoes. Where do I sign? That food looks amazing. It makes me swoon.

    ReplyDelete