Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Quesadilla Party



A couple weeks back, we threw a quesadilla party for Cinco de Mayo. It turned out great, although I think it requires a lot of work and prep while your guest are there so I'm not sure if we'd do it again for a party. We served them with shredded cheese (the bagged kind), sauteed peppers and onions, homemade quacamole and sour cream.


I marinated both chicken and strip steak in a marinade from Cooking Light that I often use for fajitas. I think it is the greatest and easiest marinate ever and it works for both Asian and Mexican cooking. Do try! The chicken can marinate overnight but for the steak, I only marinate for at the longest 2 hours or so. Otherwise, the steak will get grainy due to the acidity. Or so I heard. I seriously have no idea if that's true or not. But it sounds like I know what I'm talking about!


Before the night was over, Dan and I never wanted to see another quesadilla again. That is, until the next day when we ate most of the leftovers for breakfast.

1 comment:

  1. I can vouch for the absolute deliciousness of the quesadillas. It was worth the (very long) wait for one, DAN. :)

    ReplyDelete