Sunday, July 12, 2009

Asian Grilled Chicken


I was craving the Best Noodles of Your Life today, so I tried to basically build a meal around that. I decided to try the Asian Chicken from one of my favorite cooking blogs, For The Love of Cooking.


I thought the chicken was good but for some reason it struck us a bit salty and I have no idea why. I used reduced sodium soy sauce and the recipe has no other salty indigents that I can tell. Maybe we were still feeling the effects of my salt potatoes from Friday. But whatever it was, it was still delicious enough for me to pack the leftovers for lunch.


Edited to add: It took me like a whole week to realize, but the problem with the chicken was that I definitely DID NOT use reduced sodium soy sauce. I forgot that I bought a giant soy sauce from BJ's and poured some of it into a reduced sodium soy sauce container. Somewhere, an Asian is weeping at my stupidity.

1 comment:

  1. My mouth was watering over that chicken and then you had to go and ruin it by telling me it was salty! You suck!

    I still crack up about Best Noodles of your Life. Seriously, I want you to write a cookbook. Start experimenting with food and keep your successful recipes. You could write a funny cookbook.

    ReplyDelete