Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Pesto Pasta with Shrimp and Peas (and Spinach too)

So this is like the second time I've ever taken a picture of my ingredients and I'm never doing it again. First of all, half way through cooking I decided to use frozen peas instead of green beans because I felt it worked better. And second of all, I forgot to photograph the shrimp. Moving on.

This recipe is really easy and it's one I "created" on my own. Here's what you need:

- Store bought Pesto (I used Classico and practically the whole jar)
- about 3/4 cup of peas
- a box of bowtie pasta
- 1/4 toasted pine nuts
- a bag of spinach
- shrimp marinated in fresh chopped garlic and cooked in butter

Start by boiling the bowtie pasta per instructions. Next toast your pine nuts in a small skillet on medium heat until they start to turn brown. In a larger separate pan on medium, add your fresh spinach and a drop of olive oil. Cover and let cook until wilted. Set spinach aside. Using the same skillet, add a bit of butter and add the shrimp and garlic. Cook until shrimp is pink being careful not to overcook. Heat your peas in the microwave (I buy the "Steam in the Bag" kind). Now to your pasta add the spinach and stir. Next add your pesto ( most or all of the jar), pine nuts (be still my heart), peas and your shrimpies. Yes. I said shrimpies. Get used to it.


I almost forget the parmesan cheese! You cannot forget the cheese. If you forget the cheese, you will surely be disfigured in a horrible accident.

So grate some cheese. And sprinkle that shit on top of the pasta. And....

that's it! I hope I didn't forget anything. I'm new at this.

No comments:

Post a Comment