Friday, July 3, 2009

Red, White and Blue Cake

Happy Fourth of July!

You can find this lovely cake recipe here. This cake was super easy. Anyone can do it. Do not be intimidated like I was. Piping bags scare me. They give me nightmares.

Here is a fantastically refreshing cherry tomato and green bean salad that I adapted from another great food blog, Smitten Kitchen. Her pictures are so great, they make me cry. The only change I made to her recipe is I used balsamic vinegar instead of red wine vinegar. I also add crumbled garlic and herb feta cheese which is not pictured because I didn't add it until the last minute and then I forgot to take a picture. That is so ME.

And here's some fresh watermelon. No recipe required! I love things like that.


And of course, it wouldn't be Fourth of July without a caprese salad which is basically a fancy way of saying mozzarella, tomato and basil drizzled with some olive olive. American flags optional. I think every Italian grandmother is probably rolling over in their respective graves right about now.

1 comment: