Sunday, July 12, 2009

Crab Legs. AKA I'm in Heaven

Ah summer. I picked up a shit load of snow crab legs at HMart on Friday afternoon and we had an absolute feast.


Dan wrapped the snow crab legs in aluminum foil with some lemon slices, thyme, and a couple tablespoons of Corona Light. He then placed them on the grill for about 20 minutes. We prefer this method over microwaving only because I find it less of a hassle since I don't have to worry about stuffing incredibly long crab legs into a teeny tiny microwave. But microwaving works fine too. Just wrap the crab legs in a damp paper towel and cook for about 2 minutes.


I served the crab legs with salt potatoes. And no this isn't a wonderful new potato recipe. I accidentally over salted the potatoes and they were terrible. Which is a shame because they really did look lovely.


Rich people problems. That's what I like to say when I start feeling sorry for myself about really ridiculous things. My redskin potatoes, that I was serving along side some expensive snow crab legs, were too salty! Or like, I'm so sick of filet mignon! Wah! It's like, shut the fuck up Jodi.


This is kind of irrelevant but look at these incredibly adorable tea light holders I purchased at the Dollar Store about 4 years ago for the sole purpose of trotting out when we eat crab (or I guess lobster since they are also represented on the tea light holders).

1 comment:

  1. Are you kidding me with those candles? I just died a little bit inside from the cuteness.

    I can't believe you had crab legs and yet didn't invite me over. I love crab legs. You suck.

    Rich people's problems? I'm so using that. "I'm so sick of filet mignon...." BWAH!

    ReplyDelete