Friday, April 24, 2009

Ina's Salmon


We picked up some (2 lbs!) of salmon yesterday because I've been jonesin' for it. I was thinking of what to do with it and was about to go the typical dill, lemon and butter route when I recalled an episode of Barefoot Contessa where she made some awesome looking Asian grilled salmon.


I know this piece looks like crap. It's because we cooked it as one big slab and then cut it. I think we would have made out better if we sliced it before grilling. Presentation wise anyway.

But on to more important things. I went simple with the sides and served it with white rice and steamed broccoli. It was the best grilled salmon we've ever had and I think it would definitely work just as well if you baked it in the oven. It also pairs well with Kendall Jackson Sauvignon Blanc. I should know. I drank plenty of it tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Where the fuck is my salmon and sauvignon blanc? 2 lbs of salmon all to yourself. You stink of greed and soy sauce. I hate you.

    Not really. Just jealous is all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. I should have invited you guys over. We had about a lb. leftover because we really didn't know how much to buy. Now we know.

    ReplyDelete