Friday, April 17, 2009

Spring Fever




Guys? I made a balsamic reduction today. Like for real. Who am I? Anyways, today we wanted to cook outside since it was so gorgeous out. I found a delicious burger recipe from The Pioneer Woman that I've been meaning to try and it was seriously just the ticket for tonight. Except we cheated and bought store bought pre-made burgers. But they were the ones behind the butcher counter! And we had to ask for them! So I tell myself so I sleep better at night. I had purchased some new potatoes last week at an absolutely AMAZING produce place called Buck A Bag. So I decided to make some roasted rosemary potatoes along with our burgers. And I have to tell you, although the photo may look delicious, they were really sub-par. Don't get me wrong, they were edible, but I plan to try to create something different with the leftovers tomorrow. Oh and before I go, the balsalmic reduction was made for these completely fantastic grilled portobello mushrooms that were the greatest discovery I have made in some time. And I make a lot of discoveries. People (Alisha and Gwen) be prepared to enjoy them at every cookout this summer. (Is there anyway to put pictures and words, pictures and then words because I haven't figure out how to do that. Help Gwen.)

1 comment:

  1. Portobello mushrooms are divine. Balsamic reduction? Holy shit. Can't wait to taste what I'm seeing here.

    I just write words under my picture. You can italicize to set them apart as captions. Or you can add text to your photos in Photoshoppe (like right on the picture).

    ReplyDelete